Meeting minutes:

Wayne Radio Amateur Emergency Team Meeting June 8, 2018
Published: February 06, 2019


Wayne Radio Amateur Emergency Team
Meeting Minutes for 6-8-18
Welcome and start of meeting – Joe K2JVS The meeting started at 7:38 pm. Joe moderated the meeting as Tom, KR2I was absent. It began with a flag salute followed by discussion of agenda items.


Club Business Meeting Topics (Members Only Discussion)

Approval of Meeting Minutes May 11 - Carver W2TFM Minutes approved by majority vote.

Monthly Net report – Aly – AL0Y The net was held on May 23, the 4th Wednesday of the month at 8 pm on the WRAET 2M Repeater. It opened at 8 pm and closed at 8:41 pm. Net participants:
Aly - NCS AL0Y
Carver W2TFM
Rob N2RDA
Joe K2JVS
Allan KF2EE
Gordon W2TTT
Jason W2PX
Allan K2AJB
Jamie KD2LZS
Mike KD2NCN

Next net will be Wednesday June 27 on the 2M repeater.

Web Site – Aly AL0Y Meeting minutes added and some updates. The Club Bylaws are being updated to reflect the Club meeting night and the dues schedule for new members.

Membership – Allan K2AJB Welcome to new member KD2LZS, Jamie McCabe! Allan in discussion with NNJ Section Manager to develop recruitment leads.

Wayne OEM Coordinator for WRAET Club – Mike KD2NCN  To coordinate with OEM/CERT to set up “structured” RACES drills. Dave, N2NEC to take lead on organizing RACES nets.

The letter to all licensed amateurs in Wayne from Wayne OEM to Join WRAET Club is being held in abeyance by Wayne OEM. Also considering expanding the letter to invite the licensed amateurs in Wayne to join CERT. Projector in meeting room now operational with HDMI. Awaiting VGA cable for VGA connection.
Hamfest and Social Events Dan K2DDG did not attend meeting.

JOTA Troop 108, October 19-21 Vote to participate again this year. Open to Girl Scouts and others.

Looking into shutting out Club repeaters in an emergency

Field Day Plans for June 23-24 – Jack KB2LNO  Location is set at St Joseph Wayne Hospital - entering off College Road and driving south it is the first parking lot on the left and across from Regency Health Care. Dry run successful on May 19. Operated on 80, 40 and 20 with successful contacts on all three HF bands. Plans finalized for Field Day June 23 and 24th. Site will open for installation at 7 am, June 23. Wayne OEM tent and 15 KW generator to be set up 9 am – 11 am. Hospital also supplying 15 KW generator which was tested during dry run. Stan, K3KKH, made adapters for three plug configurations on generator. Hospital wants to do PR on the event. Ariel. KD2ONX was to contact them but was not present at meeting to report. He has the press release and is coordinating with St Joe’s Office of Development and PR. It was to be released late in May. Hospital wants photos and will release them. Photos will also be taken for the Club web site and Club PR purposes. Ariel is handling addition PR including Wayne Today and Wayne Patch. For the event, food and water – you are on your own but food stores in the area. Dave, K2NEC is bringing bottled water. Discussion about lamps for the OEM tent. Must be selected to avoid RFI. Participants to provide their own tables and chairs. Dave, WO2X. demonstrated logging software at the meeting. Stan, K3KKH, coordinated set up with Dave for the logging software and training. Dave provided a link to the SW which Stan forwarded to Dan ( K2DDG) and John ( KC2OII) so they could download and install the SW. Stan got the SW working and also coordinated the N1MM Networking SW is working properly on three laptops. Hospital has Club insurance documents. First Aid and Safety Officer, Dave, K2NEC is primed, ready and fully equipped Carver, W2TFM, handled equipment and band planning. A spreadsheet listing of all volunteered equipment and supplies was distributed to members. Expect to stage operations on 80, 40 and 20 meters HF plus VHF/UHF. Stan, K3KKH, advised that all Field Day participants label everything they bring to the site. Bring a surge suppressor for their radios and computers. Dan, K2DDG and Stan, K3KKH are handling antennas and setup locations. A drone was discussed for this purpose but super caution in its use. Also, its use must first be coordinated with the Hospital. John, KC2OII is doing Scripts for QSO, back up paper logging etc. John, KC2OII is doing GOTA station-log sheets, etc., and certificates Publicity Chair, Ariel, KD2ONX is inviting Boy Scout, Girl Scouts, local groups, public officials, etc. John, KC2OII has registered us and the site location with ARRL. Banner Design completed by Ariel, KD2ONX. Banner cost around $49 and was approved at May meeting. It has not been ordered yet. Open Chair positions which require a volunteer are:  Program Chair (meeting programs) required. No programs have been scheduled beyond June. Mayor/Council recognition of WRAET Club Joe, K2JVS, indicated nothing to report but still in progress.

EchoLink proposal to Wayne OEM for funding – Joe K2JVS Nothing to report

Club Shirts Dave, K2NEC, has the lead on Club shirts, Dave sent to the members the final design for ordering. Several members have already ordered including their requested sizes.

Program Mike Lisenco N2YBB, Hudson Division Director, was the program speaker for June 8. There was much discussion about the ARRL doing a mailing for the Club for prospective members or providing contact information for the Club to do so. Mike checked with the ARRL which turned down both alternatives for reasons of privacy and potential email spam.

Other Member business proposed from the floor There was no other business

GUEST/PUBLIC PORTION There was one guest, Dave, WO2X.
ADJOURNMENT
Meeting adjourned at 9:17 pm. Next meeting will be Friday, July 13th, 7:30 pm.
Meeting Attendees
Aly Badawy AL0Y
Allan Jay Baum K2AJB
Joe Scuralli K2JVS
David Pandoscak K2NEC
Stan Ekiert K3KKH
Joe Dunphy K9MBA
Jack Carbone KB2LNO
John Demetrius KC2OII
Jamie McCabe KD2LZS
Mike Williams KD2NCN
Steven Brodkowitz KD2PJK
Allan Baum KF2EE
Joe Basilicato N2BOZ
Rob Arms N2RDA
Carver Washburn W2TFM
Gary Kantor WA2BAU
Mike Lisenco N2YBB
Dave DeCoons WO2X