Meeting minutes:

Wayne Radio Amateur Emergency Team Meeting March 8, 2019
Published: March 10, 2019


Wayne Radio Amateur Emergency Team

Meeting Minutes for 3-8-19

Carver W2TFM
The meeting started at 7:35 pm. Carver moderated the meeting as Joe, K2JVS could not attend. It began with a flag
salute led by KC2OII, John followed by discussion of agenda items.

Club Business Meeting Topics (Members Only Discussion)

Approval of Meeting Minutes February 8 - Carver W2TFM
Minutes approved by majority vote.
Monthly Net report – Aly – AL0Y
The net is held on the 4th Wednesday of the month at 8 pm on the WRAET 2M Repeater.
Net Attendees 2-27-19
Opened 8:00 pm. Closed 8:18 pm (2M Repeater)
Aly - NCS AL0Y
Carver W2TFM
Chris KD2OLL
Next net will be Wednesday March 27 on the 2M repeater.
Web Site – Aly AL0Y
Aly was not present at the meeting.
WRAET Facebook Page – Steve KD2PJK
Steve indicated that the Facebook page has received about 2-3 hits per week.
Membership – Allan K2AJB
Allan continues getting information on new licensees working with Rob, NNJ Section Manager.
Allan proposes to design a postcard to be mailed to all Wayne licensees plus those leads from the NNJ SM. It will be
used as a recruitment tool.
Scouting Radio Merit Badge and the Communications Merit Badge Chris KB2LNN and Jim N2RBJ have started
working on these merit badges.

ARES/RACES Drill – Mike KD2NCN
Mike, KD2NCN has selected the next drill as a Power Outage. Mike had to be reschedule it to Saturday, March 23 at
10 am. Meet in the Municipal Building parking lot.
JOTA-JOTI 2019 – Jack, KB2LNO
Jack was not at the meeting.
Field Day 2019 – Jack, KB2LNO Jack could not make the meeting but offered the following: 1) KC2OII, John
supplied insurance certificate and forward to St. Josephs Wayne Hospital; 2) we have approval for site and date; 3)
Mike, KD2NCN, has tent and generators lined up from Wayne OEM; 4) we have the shortened call sign W2W; and
5) we can now register with the ARRL. We can wait on decisions on number of operating stations, the equipment,
operators, scheduling etc. As to antennas I leave that to Stan, K3KKH and Aly, AL0Y and his aeronautical skills.
Hope we can have same logging and reporting software and team as last year too.
John will now register the event with the ARRL.
WP2X, Jason brought up the possible need for a ground rod and grounding system. Jason will discuss it with Jack.
There was a consensus to purchase the WRAET banner with its first use Field Day. Matt, W2ORT was working on the
design (logo, et.) but I was advised that he has joined the military and will no longer be available. We need to finish
and purchase this.
Open Chair positions:
Program Chair and Hamfest Chair are required. There was discussion about having the Hamfest at Camp Veritans.
KC2OII, John, will talk with Dave Schwartz, Camp Veritans Board Member about the Hamfest..
WRAET Jackets – Dave, K2NEC
Dave received about 20 replies as to their respective choices. Dave will next talk with Phil Bellomo, Finish Line
Sports. He will present a recommendation (s) at our next meeting. Finish Line Sports is the potential vendor for
WRAET jackets, hats and etc. He gave a presentation at the February meeting. Each will pay for his/her own through
a web site set up by Finish Line Sports for a month or so when ready.
Mayor/Council recognition of WRAET Club
Joe, K2JVS – still pending
EchoLink proposal to Wayne OEM for funding – Joe K2JVS
Joe, K2JVS was not at the meeting. He earlier advised that he still needs to review the cost proposal developed by,
Matt, W2ORT for installing EchoLink on the WRAET repeater which amounts to $360 plus cables plus possible
recurring costs.
Programs – I was advised that Matt, W2ORT, joined the military and no longer available. We need a Program chair.
However, Joe, K2JVS, will speak on FT8 digital communications at the April meeting, rescheduled from March.
AL0Y, Aly, will speak on APRS, and how he used Arduino and Raspberry PIs to build an APRS station.
Logos for Banners, ID Cards, etc. – Matt W2ORT – Matt had earlier sent out draft designs but received little
feedback. He will send them out again and request feedback.

Other Member business proposed from the floor
Special Event Station – KC2OII, John, proposed we give consideration to having a WRAET Special Event Station. We
discussed possible event themes. N2RDA, Rob, discussed possible participation in Wayne Day (June). We need to
find a way to have a booth without paying the booth fee (expensive). Discussion with Mike, KD2NCN to see if that is
possible with our tie-in to Wayne OEM.
KD2OLL, Chris, brought up having a special event station at the Greenwood Lake Air Show (West Milford), June 1-2.
Chris will talk with the show manager and lay out the basic logistics for our operating there. He will present this at
the April meeting.
GUEST/PUBLIC PORTION
There were no guests or business.
ADJOURNMENT – Business Meeting adjourned at 8:35 pm. There was no program. Next meeting will be Friday,
April 12, 7:30 pm.
Meeting Attendees 3-8-19
David Pandoscak K2NEC
Steven Brodkowitz KD2PJK
Rob Arms N2RDA
Carver Washburn W2TFM
Jason Findlay W2PX
Gary Kantor WA2BAU
John Demetrius KC2OII
Allan Jay Baum K2AJB
Chris Luccarelli KD2OLL
Stan Ekiert K3KKH
Allan Baum KF2EE