Meeting minutes:

Wayne Radio Amateur Emergency Team Meeting August 10, 2018
Published: February 06, 2019

Wayne Radio Amateur Emergency Team
Meeting Minutes for 8-10-18
Welcome and start of meeting – Carver W2TFM The meeting started at 7:28 pm. Carver moderated the meeting as Tom, KR2I and Joe, K2JVS were absent. It began with a flag salute followed by discussion of agenda items.

Club Business Meeting Topics (Members Only Discussion)

Approval of Meeting Minutes July 13 - Carver W2TFM Minutes approved by majority vote.

Monthly Net report – Aly – AL0Y The net was held on July 25, the 4th Wednesday of the month at 8 pm on the WRAET 2M Repeater. It opened at 8 pm and closed at 8:40 pm.
Aly - NCS AL0Y
Carver W2TFM
Joe K2JVS Jason
W2PX Steve
N2RDA Dave
Next net will be Wednesday August 22 on the 2M repeater.

Web Site – Aly AL0Y Minutes of the recent meetings need to be added.

Membership – Allan K2AJB 27 members have paid 2019 dues. 2 to go but are committed to renew.
New member N2RBJ, Jim Sadur, attended and joined at the meeting. Welcome Jim!

Allan is working with Rob, NNJ Section Manager, to get email addresses. He said they were hard to come by, but he will dig through his database and give Allan what he has. He also said he is more than willing to push out our programs and events on email to help get the word out.

Hamfest – Dan K2DDG Started planning. Sent email to members interested in joining committee. Finding outdoor/indoor facility and price.

Social Events – Dan K2DDG Sent out email to members requesting suggestions.

Participation in JOTA October 19-21 – Joe K2JVS Getting church approval. Voted at June meeting to participate again this year with Troop 108. Open to Girl Scouts and others.


After much discussion, the first theme agreed to is a flood scenario. This scenario will be used to establish a “structured” ARES/RACES drill for a WRAET net. Dave, N2NEC is taking the lead on organizing this ARES/RACES net and being the NCS. The idea will be to establish deployment locations for club members which will be selected to augment the geographical “finger print” of the police/fire/EMT. An Incident Commander structure will be established. Message traffic will be handled via voice Request for status Information (RI - conditions, flood levels, stranded residents, etc.) on behalf of the Incident Commander. Deployed stations will respond with required Responses to these Requests for Information (RRI). Mike will work with Dave on the details of this (deployment, messages, etc.)

Field Day Results from June 23-24 – Jack KB2LNO 
Final results as submitted to ARRL are attached.

Open Chair position which requires a volunteer is: Program Chair (meeting programs) still required.

Mayor/Council recognition of WRAET Club Joe, K2JVS, was not at the meeting.

EchoLink proposal to Wayne OEM for funding – Joe K2JVS Joe, K2JVS, was not at the meeting.

Program – There was no program. However, Mike, KD2NCN, suggested a program on kit building with hands-on instruction with soldering techniques. Mike will work up the program for presentation at the September meeting. Mike will purchase one kit (around $10.00) funded by the Club for the program.

Other Member business proposed from the floor

John, KC2OII, proposed the Club establish a Special Event Station (using a 1x1 call sign). The special event needs to be selected such as commemoration of special event in Wayne history, high-lighting a significant event such as Wayne Day or some other significant event. Jim, N2RBJ, will research this and make suggestions.

(July meeting) Joe, K9MBA, described a GO KIT (Gordon – W2TTT variety) and showed cut-out panels of it. Joe offered to fabricate a GO KIT for the club. Thank you, Joe!

GUEST/PUBLIC PORTION There were no guests at the meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 pm. Next meeting will be Friday, September 14, 7:30 pm.
Meeting Attendees
John Demetrius KC2OII
Mike Williams KD2NCN
Steven Brodkowitz KD2PJK
Rob Arms N2RDA
Carver Washburn W2TFM
James Sadur N2RBJ
Jason Findlay W2PX